Don't use Magic Shave as it can be poisonous – HEALTH
ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE

Don’t use Magic Shave as it can be poisonous

Don’t use Magic Shave as it can be poisonous due to the Barium Sulfide content.
I felt I need to post this as I often see people suggesting the use of Magic Shave on here for pubic hair removal.

“BaS is quite poisonous, as are related sulfides, such as CaS, which evolve toxic hydrogen sulfide upon contact with water.”

That is why it smells like rotten eggs when you use it, since you are mixing the barium sulfide with water and producing hydrogen sulfide.

“Hydrogen sulfide is the chemical compound with the formula H 2S. It is a colorless gas with the characteristic foul odor of rotten eggs; it is heavier than air, very poisonous, corrosive, flammable, and explosive.”

I’m sure that I will get a lot of push-back on this due to the fact that only H2S (Hydrogen Sulfide) concentrations above a certain PPM are actually dangerous, however since I have experienced slight eye irritation during one of the two times I tried using Magic shave, I suspect that the concentration in my bathroom was about 10–20 ppm which is the borderline concentration for eye irritation (see wiki article), even with the bathroom fan running.

There are much better ways to remove hair that have less potentially harmful side effects.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *