INFERTILITY (Summary) Defined as the inability to conceive naturally after one year of regular unprotected intercourse. Most of the time infertility is some degree of SUB FERTILITY in which 1 in 7 couples need specialist help to conceive. Sub fertility can be Primary or Secondary Primary sub fertility: Is a delay for a couple who have had no previous pregnancies. Secondary sub fertility: Is a delay for a couple who have conceived previously.
MAJOR CAUSES OF INFERTILITY
1. Male factor
2. Ovulatory dysfunction
3. Tubal peritoneal disease.
ASK YOURSELF THESE HISTORICAL EXAMINATION
1. How long have you been trying to conceive?
2. How often do you have sexual intercourse.
3. Are there any problems with sexual intercourse?
4. Has there ever been conception even if the outcome was miscarriage?
5. Any use NSAIDS (They impair ovulation)
6. Any pelvic surgery before?
7. Psychosexual problems, premature ejaculations, diabetes, dyspareunia, dysmenorrhea?
8. Any testicular trauma and undescended testis?